Sunday, August 8, 2010

Well my traveling days for 2010 have not happened. Just before Christmas I had surgery on my right foot to fuse two bones at the top of my arch. The bones never fused, so I went back under the knife on June 30th and had the operation repeated. The doctor put my foot in a hard cast this go around and attached an electric bone growth stimulater, like a TENS unit to assist in getting the bones to fuse. I have two screws in the foot and they took bone marrow from my heal I'm pretty much bed bound with strict orders from the doctor to stay off my foot. My bos is letting me work from home as I can. I hope to get the cast off by mid-August and then back into the air-cast boot, otherwise known as a Robo-cop boot. I don't know how long recovery will take by the doctors all seem very pleased.

1 comment:

Paul and Susan said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. I hope everything heals well this time and that you can be in a walking cast soon.