Sunday, May 4, 2008

My first Blog post

I am a civil engineer and have spent most of my life looking at things in an analytical manner. As I have passed down the road of life I have often been reminded that how we view or solve a problem depends on where we are, what we know, and what we hope to be. This can be looked at in the realm of so called cold hard facts, or with eyes of understanding and compassion; A mountain peak can be granite diorite or El Capitan.

Judy Collins said that she had looked at life from both side, what if there are more than two sides to a problem or issue. Life is not just 0's and 1's; black and white; it is an infinite variety of color. As in most things in life, balance is often required or desired. Some colors balance or complement each other, others clash. Each, however, has a role.

2 comments:

Stargirl said...

Yay! You've joined the ranks for the blogging elite!
Make sure you add me as a link; www.graystargirl.blogspot.com
(This is Audrey, by the way!)

Christy said...

Cool Alaska pictures. I'd like to see more of those. Nice blog. Sure love ya!